Monday, September 1, 2008

First post

Thank you for inviting me to the group. I started running about 2 months ago, for the first time in my life. I had been a ballet dancer for 10 years before having my 3 kids, and so I never really needed any other sort of exercise, not to mention that fact that I HATED the idea of going for a run! But 7 months after giving birth to my third baby, I decided that I needed to do something to get me back into shape. I finally got up the motivation to start running. I do not know how fast I am now, but I know I am at least a bit faster than I started out. I usually focus more on endurance than speed... I am seriously not fast at all!
I usually only have about 25 to 30 minutes in the morning to run, while Peter is getting ready for work. I end up doing about 1.5 to 2.0 miles in that amount of time. I aim to run 3 to 4 times a week. Combined with a healthy, and somewhat calorie conscious diet, the running has helped me to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight!!! It also has been great for getting me up and going for the day, and even helps to clear my head once in a while. I do not like it at the time, but I always feel pretty great after a run.
I have not tried running with the kids, but I do like to take walks with them, 2 in the double stroller and 1 in the carrier. I am wondering if anyone knows where to get a good stroller that can go on unpaved roads and hold 3 children??
Anyways, thanks again for the invite.

1 comment:

Jesse Ray said...

Runabout Strollers can go as large as 6 kids, but they are pricey.
http://www.bergdesign.net/runabout.htm

There is a 3 kid one on ebay right now.